Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Aftermath blessings.

One year ago today I was zipping around Weatherford, Texas buying out Gibson's in gas cans and Walmart in junk food before I returned to the aftermath of Ike.

I fled to North Texas after hanging out with my grandparents and great-grandmother in a dark sauna for two days only to be called back a day later for work.

Ready to kiss my mother goodbye, a friend of several years text messages me that he is back from a trip, has electricity and needs a car battery. I agreed to trade him my AAA services for accommodations. One last stop at O'Reilly's and I was Houston bound.

After dropping supplies at the grandparental's, I delivered a car battery and caught up with my friend over a glass of wine at La Carafe before we popped the hood on his V'dub.

An hour later and I was standing on his engine block and positioning the battery into place.

He says that's the moment he fell in love with me.

Happy Anniversary, Weasel!

No comments:

Post a Comment